Thursday, December 16, 2010

What Ever Happened to Purity? or Marriage?!

first off,
hello there! I haven't been on for a while, because I've been doing all my midterms, but now they're done and i have winterbreak!! yay!
now that I have explained my absence, let me tell you whats been on my mind lately.
I have been seeing so many commercials for so many movies and they're all sex sex, and more sex!
i'm like, wth?! seriously, whatever happened to purity? or marriage for heaven's sake!!
some examples of these movies include Love and Other Drugs , No Strings Attached , and Friends With Benefits.
what has this world come to?
is that what's "in" now? friends with benefits?!
the reason this bothers me so is because i think people no longer have morals in life... they're giving themselves up like nothing. yeah yeah, people think sex is nothing more than a kiss, but it's truly not. back in the days, that was the threshold in a marriage. By giving yourself to the person you loved was meaningful. nowadays, it's just .. nothing.

My Point of View on why someone should wait till marriage:
  • if you decide to give yourself up before marriage, and go sleeping around with every guy who has ever claimed to "love" you, when it comes to the man you end marrying, what happens if he's bad? that's a big issue: if you sleep with other men, you will compare your husband to other men. and thats horrible!! what if he's bad at it? then you'll be all "he isn't as good as (insert name here)" and that a could be a huge problem in a marriage.
  • then people say, "what if i loose my virginity to my fiance?" that's a big issue that many people find to be not a big deal. and in a way, it all depends on your morals and values. (personally, my morals {being a Christian} tell me to wait til marriage). but if you're contemplating on whether or not it's bad, consider this: your purity is like a trophy that is waiting for you at the finish line. and you've ran, and had many obstacles to get there and once you cross the finish line you'll get the trophy and give it to someone who means so much to you, that you're willing to share it. (not a very good example, but eh). OR think of it this way: if you do sleep with your fiance, what more do you have to give him once you're married? what will you give him once he's been bonded to your side for the rest of your life? the night of your wedding will be the same thing as the other night after the movie. consider it like that: you're finally giving everything to your husband after your marriage.
well, that was my point of view on everything. i hope to see a good movie soon... one with morals and shii. that'll be good.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your Point.of.View