Thursday, December 30, 2010

Paramore's Breakup

First, let me start off by saying I'm not a fan. not because i don't like them but because they never appealed to me. but it's amazing how once "someone's" gone, they become more famous (i.e. michael jackson...)

but what really caught my attention was their determination to stick to their values. read first > Josh and Zac's Exit Statement

Of course, at times they had their disagreements, and their obstacles, as well as some wrong decisions which they let others make for them, but through it all they kept to their values. and in the end, it's exactly that which parted the band. many times in life, you have to make sacrifices for what you believe in. and those obstacles (for which you might have to make sacrifices for) challenge you and your ways. that is what determines whether or not you really are what you proclaim to be.

Paramore made some amazing music that inspired many with their great lyrics, and they still do...and will continue to do so i believe. And even now that half the group has left, they still impact people (i.e. me)

From my point of view, and my values, their ability to continue to work for the glory of God is what inspired me the most. Even through Hollywood and the music industry and touring the world, they still managed to keep to their beliefs, and that got to me. If they can go through all that and still manage to worship God, then why can't I live my life doing the same?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your Point.of.View