Saturday, January 28, 2012

The Extra Globes

so, there were some others who obviously made an appearance on the red carpet, but for me, they were just decent enough to step out of the house... nothing extreme and yet not too simple.

michelle williams
Kate Winslet in Jenny Packham. This dress is simple, and who can go wrong with black and white?

Claire Danes in J. Mendel. I love the back to this dress! It's beautiful. and the fit looks great on her. But to me, a bit too simple to be one of the best of the night. Btw, I've been dying to check out her new show Homeland! it's gotten some outstanding reviews and she got her golden globe of the night for her role in the series. I might just have to check it out...

michelle williams
Rooney Mara in Nina Ricci. Simple. I like the cuts. but then I don't. and I don't like the hem... it looks like the dress was too short for her and someone added extra material. But she still looks pretty.

michelle williams
Shailene Woodley in Marchesa. Super simple. Like the color. fits her well. enough said.

michelle williams
Salma Heyak in Gucci. So many people loved this... but it was whatever to me... I love the top... but then it blends so weirdly with the skirt... it's nice, but not a favorite.

michelle williams
Viola Davis in Emilio Pucci. I love the color. I love the fit. I just hope I look this good in a dress just like this at her age.

michelle williams
Lea Michele in Marchesa. I've always enjoyed seeing people in the "precisely placed embroidery", but in editorials, not the runway. That's where Lea went wrong. I mean, it does looks great on her, but not on the runway+metallic....

michelle williams
Laura Dern in Andrew Dn. When I saw her walk on stage, the color of this dress was brilliance. aannnd, that's it.

michelle williams
Jessica Alba in Gucci. I mean... I don't know. this was the only dress of the night that still has me undecided. and I still don't know what to say...

Photos by Elle

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your Point.of.View