Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Just Say It!

Tues. August 31.

Have you ever felt that you just can't tell someone something because
it'll dissapoint them? (I know, deja vu to another post...but this
ones different). In relationship to a child & parent at least. Like
when your mom picks out this big pink dress that has ruffles on the
bottom and big puffy sleeves? Or when your dad picks out those
sneakers that are so not cool and two sizes too big? That happens to
me all the time. Yea, it might not to you, and I understand (my
sisters like that). I tell myself sometimes I'm just too nice. And I
know I am, I've been told. But people also tell me I shouldn't be,
because being a nice person isn't going to help in life. Of course,
you need to be kind to people, but you shouldn't let them step all
over you, is what I'm trying to say. My point: I did that again. I
always do. To my parents at least. To my friends I'll usually be
completely honest, but I just can't dissappoint my parents. I want to
say "no I didn't really want to go" but I said the opposite. I thought
I hinted enough that I didn't want to go, but I guess it didn't work.
Hints don't really work unless its for a riddle. Piece of advice: just
say the truth. Don't hold back. . . . I should take my own advice.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your Point.of.View